Celebrities to attend Battersea ball in aid of abandoned dogs and cats
- Credit: Archant
Britain’s Got Talent presenter Amanda Holden and chat show host Paul O’ Grady lead a spectacular night of fun, glamour and entertainment at Battersea Dogs & Cats Home’s world famous Collars & Coats Gala Ball on Thursday November 7.
Taking place at Evolution, an exclusive venue in the grounds of Battersea Park, this annual fundraiser brings together the biggest names from stage, screen, sport and fashion to celebrate and support the charity’s work caring for lost and abandoned dogs and cats.
The Collars & Coats Gala Ball, now in its fifth year, consistently attracts a stellar line up and the big names treading the red carpet this year already include much-loved entertainers, acting greats, sporting luminaries, and global fashion icons.
David Gandy, Jeremy Irons, Gary and Danielle Lineker, Craig Revel Horwood, Ashleigh and Pudsey, Rebecca Adlington, Ben Fogle, Alistair McGowan and Neil Fox are among those showing their support for Battersea.
The star-studded evening will open with its unique welcome by the Home’s legendary Guard of Honour, a red carpet lined by Battersea dogs and their handlers, followed by an exclusive champagne reception and gourmet banquet interspersed with a line-up of top billing entertainment.
Providing a great opportunity to meet some of the charity’s current canine residents, Collars & Coats is an unmissable date on the social calendar.
Guests have the opportunity to be part of a globally renowned and much talked about event.
- 1 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 2 Where to pick pumpkins in Dorset for Halloween 2021
- 3 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 4 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 6 The Hairy Bikers hit West Yorkshire
- 7 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Somerset this Halloween
- 8 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 9 Magical Christmas markets in Kent 2021
- 10 Fireworks displays and bonfire night events in Sussex 2021
Last year’s world exclusive ‘dogwalk’ attracted media attention from all corners of the world as Battersea dogs modelled dog coats and accessories designed for the charity by fashion royalty such as Vivienne Westwood, Stella McCartney, Giles Deacon and Zandra Rhodes, and this year’s event promises no less buzz and excitement.
It costs over £18m to run Battersea each year, and with no government funding, the Collars & Coats Gala Ball is all about helping increase awareness of the important work the charity does each and every day of the year to offer a second chance in life to thousands of animals.
Last year, nearly 9,000 dogs and cats needed Battersea’s care and attention to help find them the best possible new homes.
• Tickets for Collars & Coats Gala ball can be purchased by calling 020 7627 9309 and further information can be seen at www.collarsandcoats.org.uk. For further information on Battersea Dogs & Cats Home and to pledge donations, visit www.battersea.org.uk