Celebrity line-up announced for the Spirit Of Stow event 2013
- Credit: Archant
Following the success of the inaugural Spirit of Stow 2012, the event returns on Saturday December 7, 2013, and promises to be another celebration of Stow-on-the-Wold and everything this medieval market town has to offer.
This one-day event is a good opportunity to start Christmas shopping with many special offers, free gifts and street entertainment available – and late night shopping too. All profits go to local charities including Kate’s Home Nursing that received £5,500 last year.
Fashion, gifts, antiques, home wares, food and drink, jewellery and toys are among the multitude of products on offer, in addition to the celebrity line up.
Adam Henson, Director of The Cotswold Farm Park and TV presenter, is bringing along some of his cuddliest animals and he’ll be on hand to sign his books and judge the children’s ‘Best Decorated Welly’ competition sponsored by Hunter Wellies.
Thomas Plant, auctioneer at Special Auction Services and antiques expert well-known for appearing on programmes such as Bargain Hunt, Flog it! and Antiques Road Trip, will help Adam judge the wellies. He will also be hosting a ticketed lunch at the newly refurbished ‘The Porch House’; for £25 a ticket you can enjoy a delicious lunch, listen to Thomas sharing trade secrets and amusing anecdotes about the world of TV and antiques - and enjoy a mini auction too. Email email@example.com to reserve a place.
Pam Ayres, writer, broadcaster and entertainer, will be signing copies of her eagerly-awaited new poetry collection ‘You Made me Late Again!’ between 11am and 12pm in the church. From wishing your husband was more dashing to becoming a gran for the first time, Pam’s poems are observant, witty and poignant in equal measure. Pam will also be choosing her favourite Christmas tree from the many displayed in St Edwards Church for the Tree Festival. You can read our recent interview with Pam here: www.cotswoldlife.co.uk/home/pam_ayres_waxes_lyrical_1_2940547
For further information about Spirit of Stow, contact Jill Roddan by calling 01451 833742, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 3 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 4 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 5 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 6 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 7 10 of the prettiest Villages in Dorset to visit
- 8 16 films that you might not know were made in Devon
- 9 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 10 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex