Changing the lives of young adults in Derby
- Credit: © 2015 attilio fiumarella
Families of children and young adults with complex needs want to provide the absolute best possible life for their loved ones, but at times they encounter a lack of care in a world that mostly caters to able-bodied people.
Progress delivers outstanding support packages that enable children and young adults with complex needs to flourish.
Founder Bal Dhanoa is passionate about providing opportunities for people to thrive in environments which are nurturing and sees them as individuals. By helping them to build friendships and live as normally as possible, the Progress family is helping build better futures across the whole of the Midlands.
These stories may well make your day….
• A young boy who first came to Progress aged 13, suffered from low self-confidence after living in a wheelchair with cerebral palsy. After 5 years of using a range of Progress services, he was clubbing in Blackpool with friends, flirting with the ladies, and living a normal life
• A girl, who had spent most of her life in a hospital because no one could peg feed her, moved into a Progress residential home and finally got the chance to live! Though she passed away at 21, she was given the opportunity to experience life to the full with the help of the supportive and dedicated Progress staff.
• A specialist Progress foster family opened their hearts and adapted their home to reunite brothers that had been separated for some time. One of the boys had been supported by the team at a Progress residential home whilst his brother was matched with the foster family, the stabilised routine and normal family life allowed the boys to come together and really thrive.
New services come to Derby
Nightingale House was opened by the Mayor in April 2016, once an old maternity hospital it has been recently renovated and restored to its former glory. This beautiful facility is geared towards young people with complex needs and acquired brain injury aged from 16-25 years old. Progress has paid special attention to creating an environment which is both modern in design and technologically advanced in terms of its facilities. The house boasts a Jacuzzi bath for hydrotherapy sessions a state-of-the-art sensory room for additional stimulation and a carefully planned garden for relaxation. Nightingale House also offers plenty of room to chill out and socialize, allowing young adults a chance to live as normally as possible.
- 1 The Cheshire choirs singing for Christmas
- 2 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 3 WIN £250 worth of Christmas food and drink
- 4 Win a £5000 staycation in Cornwall
- 5 Win a winter break at the Shireburn Arms in the heart of the Ribble Valley
- 6 Win a £1000 rug from Alternative Flooring
- 7 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 8 Christmas in Hertfordshire 2021: Top festive markets
- 9 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 10 Magical Christmas markets in Sussex 2021
Looking towards the future
The next stage of this luxurious facility is already in the works, on adjoining land to the property there are plans for 24 Independent living flats. These will support the already exceptional service Progress is able to provide by allowing for consistency of care and semi-independence for the young adults living there.
With a wide range of community-based services and support, the Progress family hopes to continue building friendships and encouraging full and happy lives for families and children with complex needs.
If you would like to find out more about our services in Derby, please call our friendly team on 01332 343 882 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For any other enquires please give our Head office a call on 01902 56 1066 or email email@example.com