Charity calls for flood donations
- Credit: Archant
As flood water continues to rise, Somerset communities and individuals are facing the increasingly difficult situations and daily challenges that the flood waters are bringing.
With the struggle continuing, the desperation for simple donations grows. However, as welcome as they are – donations of supplies, clothing, toys and other items bring another set of problems; storage and transport. Volunteers are being told that the best way to help is by making a financial contribution to support those in immediate crisis and the aftermath.
Two examples of tragic farm crisis’ resulting because of the floods in Somerset can be seen on Twitter, @westyeo and @southwestfarm. They are giving live updates on their situations. If you can help in a practical way with offers of bedding, feed, forage or transport for livestock then please call 01278 410278 first to arrange deliveries. Sedgemoor Auction centre at J24, postcode TA6 6DF.
Community Council for Somerset (CCS) is working to support those affected by the floods across the county, to ensure that money gets to those that need it as quickly as possible.
To donate online go to justgiving.com/Somerset-Community-Found-Flood-Appeal
Or text the words NOAH95 followed by the amount you’d like to donate to 70070
Or send a cheque: Somerset Community Foundation, Yeoman House, Shepton Mallet, Somerset, BA4 6QN.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 WIN £200 worth of luxury silk bed products
- 3 Win a luxury ladies watch worth £199
- 4 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 5 Fossil hunting in Essex: Where to find shark teeth
- 6 A fond farewell to Torbay from the captain of cruise ship Eurodam
- 7 Win super stylish summer shades!
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 9 10 great hill walks in Cheshire
- 10 8 great family walks in the North West