Cheltenham firms PSU Technology Group and the Attivo Group have joined forces to aid African Schools IT Charity
PSU Technology Group (PSU) and the Attivo Group are donating PCs to IT Schools Africa, a local charity working to transform IT education in African schools.
PSU is the IT partner of Attivo, having successfully managed and maintained its core IT infrastructure for the past year, so when the financial services company needed to refurbish some computers that they wanted to donate, PSU didn’t hesitate to help.
Using professional data wiping software approved by the US Department of Defence, PSU securely wiped and sanitised the hard drives to ensure no recoverable data was left, so the PCs could be safely re-used by pupils in Africa.
Nicola Goldsmith, managing director of Attivo Group said: “We are active supporters of local charities
across Gloucestershire already, but were delighted that we were able to help those further afield by
donating our old computers to such a great cause. Obviously we were also very grateful to PSU for
helping us out with the project. It’s good to know that computers we no longer need are going to be
- 1 22 of the best South Devon pubs with views of the coast
- 2 10 famous (and not so famous) castles in Cheshire
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Win a Dunlopillo king size diamond mattress worth £2,500 from Peter Betteridge
- 5 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 6 Win a £500 VIP Ladies Day at Thirsk Races
- 7 10 reasons you should visit Canterbury
- 8 11 of the most Instagrammble locations in Kent
- 9 The top 10 Glastonbury performances of all time
- 10 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
PSU’s technical director, Nigel Davies was equally delighted: “Over the years we’ve managed IT for
many local companies, so it’s great to be able to offer our skills in support of such a worthwhile
IT Schools Africa has been helping African pupils through the collection, refurbishment and redistribution
of computers since 2004. In that time it has sent over 40,000 computers and monitors.
The computers enable schools to provide pupils with the essential IT skills needed to go on to further
education and access better paid jobs.
Attivo Group is a national wealth management and financial services company. Its Cheltenhambased
head office employs over 60 people across different specialist divisions including independent
financial planning and investment services.