Cheshire Asian wedding - Sharine Noor and Mofozzul Hussain
PHOTOGRAPHY BY JOHN COCKS
Sitar and tabla players and Manchester-based dhol players Dhol Phenomena.UK provided entertainment at the marriage of Sharine Noor and Mofozzul Hussain. Around 1,200 guests travelled from around the world to witness the ceremony, the first Asian wedding to take place at Chester Racecourse.
At the traditional ceremony, the groom, Mofozzul, was asked by children from the bride's family to pay a voluntary fee to enter, as is customary. The bride wore an intricate hand made outfit from India complete with thousands of Swarovski crystals as well as having her make-up done by an Indian artist. Both the bride and groom wore garlands of fresh flowers
The couple were served sweets from two gold plates bought especially from Dubai. Two people were brought up from London for the specific task of holding the gold plates and red carpets were sourced from India.
Guests included local dignitaries including Cheshire councillors and the University of Chester's vice chancellor.
Sureya Noor, the bride's mum, said: 'It was an amazing day with 1,200 guests. We have already had lots of letters from people. We were pleased that so many people could share it with us. It was a beautiful event and we are very happy.'
- 1 7 must visit waterside pubs in Sussex
- 2 10 Cheshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 3 10 North Yorkshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 4 10 Lancashire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 5 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 6 10 Derbyshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 7 10 Somerset pubs to enjoy a drink with a view
- 8 WIN £200 worth of luxury silk bed products
- 9 6 luxury places to stay in Suffolk
- 10 18 cottages that will make you want to move to Hampshire