Cheshire Community Action 60th Community Pride competition
- Credit: Archant
Towns and villages around the county were celebrated at the 60th Community Pride competition, with many picking up awards for their efforts.
Taking place for the sixth decade, the Community Pride competition, organised by Cheshire Community Action, was held at Sandbach Town Hall. Towns and villages around the county are celebrated at the annual awards for their community spirit, with people being recognised for the hard work which is undertaken to keep Cheshire looking good.
The overall award was presented to Crowton as Best Kept Village/Market Town. The village, located six miles west of Northwich, was described as well cared for and attractive to all who visit it. Judges, who volunteer from all over the county, saw that it has an active community which strives to keep up high standard of care.
Residents of Hatton were thrilled to hear that they had won Best Kept Village (under 400) and Best Community Website award, as well as being highly commended in the Community Spirit award, which ultimately was awarded to Church Minshull.
Rostherne were awarded the Community Safety award, which is sponsored by the Cheshire Constabulary and was presented by Assistant Chief Constable, Sarah Boycott.
There were also 25 certificates given out for the Little Gem Award, which covers any area or artefact in a village that has received special care and attention. Willaston received the award for the most improved village in the past year, and the Community Champion award went to Joe Robinson of Pickmere.
As well as many more awards at the ceremony, which was sponsored by Essar Oil UK, Professor Tim O’Brien, assistant director of Jodrell Bank Observatory, gave an illuminating talk on the work of the observatory.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 4 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 5 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 6 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 7 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 8 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 9 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 10 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex