Cheshire Life Afternoon Tea, 1539 Restaurant, Chester Racecourse
- Credit: Pics; John Cocks
The cake stakes were raised when Cheshire Life hosted an elegant afternoon tea at Chester Racecourse’s fabulous 1539 restaurant.
It was odds-on that afternoon tea at 1539 restaurant on Chester Racecourse would be an indulgent affair. Guests of Cheshire Life were able to take advantage of the beautiful sunshine and sip cocktails on the terrace before taking their seats inside for the main event.
Under starter's orders, a selection of teas were served including Earl Grey and less well-known varieties such as Garden of Eden, an infusion of green and black leaves, and Tales of the Orient, a caffeine-free rooibos herbal brew.
Fizz was poured as sandwiches followed, including Scottish smoked salmon with crème fraiche, Welsh dry aged beef and horseradish, and Burford brown egg mayonnaise.
Of course it was a dead cert that scones would be on the menu and there were three varieties to choose from - plain, sultana and maple pecan, arriving delectably warm from the oven. Finally, a strawberry cheesecake, dark chocolate, raspberry opera, lemon curd tart and cardamom semolina cake ensured that belts were loosened and diets were ditched for the day!
Afternoon tea is served from Tuesday-Saturday, 2pm - 5pm.
- 1 9 cosy pubs in Devon to warm up in this winter
- 2 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 4 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 5 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 6 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 7 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 8 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 9 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 10 Fireworks displays and bonfire night events in Sussex 2021