Cheshire Life Afternoon Tea, 1539 Restaurant, Chester Racecourse
- Credit: Pics; John Cocks
The cake stakes were raised when Cheshire Life hosted an elegant afternoon tea at Chester Racecourse’s fabulous 1539 restaurant.
It was odds-on that afternoon tea at 1539 restaurant on Chester Racecourse would be an indulgent affair. Guests of Cheshire Life were able to take advantage of the beautiful sunshine and sip cocktails on the terrace before taking their seats inside for the main event.
Under starter's orders, a selection of teas were served including Earl Grey and less well-known varieties such as Garden of Eden, an infusion of green and black leaves, and Tales of the Orient, a caffeine-free rooibos herbal brew.
Fizz was poured as sandwiches followed, including Scottish smoked salmon with crème fraiche, Welsh dry aged beef and horseradish, and Burford brown egg mayonnaise.
Of course it was a dead cert that scones would be on the menu and there were three varieties to choose from - plain, sultana and maple pecan, arriving delectably warm from the oven. Finally, a strawberry cheesecake, dark chocolate, raspberry opera, lemon curd tart and cardamom semolina cake ensured that belts were loosened and diets were ditched for the day!
Afternoon tea is served from Tuesday-Saturday, 2pm - 5pm.
- 1 13 beautiful riverside pubs to visit in the Cotswolds
- 2 Who is the real Hampshire soldier behind BBC Two's new drama Danny Boy?
- 3 7 magical bluebell walks in Devon
- 4 6 wonderful seafood restaurants to visit in Yorkshire
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 6 Five hot new restaurants opening in Sussex
- 7 Bluebell walks in Dorset: 8 of the best places to go
- 8 A 5.3 mile circular walk around Sandwich
- 9 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 10 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly