Cheshire Young Farmers’ Club 90th anniversary party
- Credit: Pics; John Cocks
Generations of Dairy Queens and Dairy Maids came together to celebrate the 90th anniversary of the Cheshire Young Farmers’ Club and 60 years of the Dairy Queen competition.
The guests joined secretaries, chairs and treasurers from down the years for a special party in the members’ marquee at Nantwich Showground.
Last year’s Dairy Queen Lisa Oakes has now become the vice chair of the Cheshire Young Farmers’ Club and she said: ‘It was a really special, magical day and it was lovely to share time with people who are so passionate about Young Farmers.’
More than 500 people attended the event and enjoyed drinks and canapés on arrival before the afternoon of reminiscence and memorabilia.
Lisa added: ‘People came from different counties and one lady even came from Kuwait! It was really nice to bring all those people together. A lot of the older people there said they could see now how special it was to be a part of the Young Farmers.
‘I think Young Farmers has a really exciting future – we’re going to keep moving forwards and making it fresh and hopefully we’ll be able to have an even bigger celebration in ten years when we reach the centenary.’
- 1 7 must visit waterside pubs in Sussex
- 2 10 Cheshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 3 10 North Yorkshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 4 10 Lancashire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 5 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 6 10 Derbyshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 7 10 Somerset pubs to enjoy a drink with a view
- 8 WIN £200 worth of luxury silk bed products
- 9 6 luxury places to stay in Suffolk
- 10 18 cottages that will make you want to move to Hampshire