New organisers relaunch Chester’s popular Autumn Antiques Fair
- Credit: Archant
The Chester Decorative Antiques & Art Fair, 11th – 13th October, is the new title for the relaunched autumn Chester antiques fair that has taken every autumn since 1989.
This popular cultural event is being relaunched for a new generation of collectors and home interior stylists. Now the fair will have a much greater emphasis on providing art, antiques and Twentieth century designer pieces for contemporary and traditional homes.
New organiser Sue Ede of Cooper Events explains: 'We have found with our events in Buxton, Harrogate, Bath and the Cotswolds that today's antiques buyers want a greater variety of objects and especially more decorative pieces. Classic antiques will, of course, still feature, together with traditional silver, ceramics, sculpture and collector's items, but we will be adding more specialists in Twentieth Century Design, Arts & Crafts, Vintage and Mid-Century Modern'.
The fair will feature exhibits from £25 to £25,000, from decorative furniture and mirrors to classic Georgian and Victorian country pieces, English silver, oil and watercolour paintings, pottery, porcelain, glass and jewellery.
More than fifty dealers will be exhibiting and once again the fair will take place over three floors of the County Grandstand building. The top floor has been restyled to incorporate the Antiques Arcade where visitors will find a greater variety of exhibits than for many years. For regular visitors, the fair will be livelier, more interesting and with more variety.
The Chester Decorative Antiques & Art Fair, County Grandstand, Chester Racecourse CH1 2LY
11am-5pm daily. Entry £5.00.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 3 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 4 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Cheshire this summer
- 5 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers
- 6 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 7 Where to go wild swimming in the Cotswolds
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 9 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 10 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Lancashire this summer
The fair is organised by: Cooper Events, Somerset TA8 1BU. Tel: 01278 784912