Chipping Norton Literary Festival 2017: Clare Mackintosh is coming home
- Credit: Archant
An exciting mix of best-selling authors and media personalities will take the stage at this year’s Chipping Norton’s Literary Festival (April 27-30).
For Cotswold Life readers, it’s a fantastic chance to hear our own columnist Clare Mackintosh, the Festival’s founder and now a hugely successful crime writer. Other literary headliners include the Cotswolds-born novelist Joanna Trollope as well as crime bestseller Ian Rankin. Nadiya Hussain, winner of 2015 Great British Bake Off will be introducing her first novel, a warm-hearted village saga of four young Muslim sisters.
From Time Team – and of course Blackadder – Tony Robinson brings his life story to ChipLitFest, and Coast’s Nicholas Crane talks about the making of the British landscape. Popular radio broadcasters Rev Richard Coles and Jenni Murray will also be visiting, as well as screenwriter Sarah Phelps, creator of those clever and compelling Agatha Christie adaptations for TV.
There’s plenty for countryside lovers, too, with authors on topics such as the life of Beatrix Potter; the story of how soldiers in WWI found solace in plants and animals, and the magic benefits of running.
Children’s Laureate Chris Riddell is topping the bill for the busy children’s programme, and there are hands-on events for bloggers, writers and cartoonists.
The festival’s events are in the heart of Chipping Norton, from the town’s pubs, bars and restaurants to its famous theatre and bookshop. Meanwhile, throughout the year it quietly continues its valuable outreach work with disadvantaged youngsters.
Chipping Norton Literary Festival runs from 27-30 April 2017. Tickets from Chipping Norton Theatre (on sale March 6) and via www.chiplitfest.com.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 3 Where to go wild swimming in the Cotswolds
- 4 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
- 5 One Suffolk beach given Blue Flag status for 2021
- 6 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 7 Nigel Haworth to return to The Three Fishes in Mitton
- 8 Meet the new Devon stars of Channel 4 series
- 9 Win a luxury stay at The Atlantic Hotel in Jersey
- 10 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire