Chitty Chitty Bang Bang joins New Year’s Day 2014 Gathering at Brooklands Museum
- Credit: Archant
One of the stars of classic children’s movie Chitty Chitty Bang Bang will be amongst the vehicles at Brooklands Museum’s New Year’s Day classic meeting – the biggest January 1 classic vehicle event in the country.
And with the long-range weather forecast looking promising, the Museum is aiming for an even greater turnout than for New Year’s Day in 2013, when over 1,100 classic vehicles attracted an audience of 4,900 people to the birthplace of British motorsport and aviation.
The Chitty Chitty Bang Bang on display at the museum (one of a number used in the filming) was seen in the opening sequences of the movie, and it has been painstakingly rebuilt clearly identifying it as the Disney classic.
“One of the best things about the New Year’s Day gathering at Brooklands is the breadth and range of vehicles that join us,” says museum director Allan Winn.
“You can see Austins and Fords alongside Bentleys, Rolls-Royces and Ferraris, Routemaster buses, classic Minis and Porsches”.
The Paddock, Finishing Straight and legendary Banking of the race track that was built in 1907 will be lined with Club displays and individuals who make the annual pilgrimage to this amazing start to the motoring year.
The gates of the 32-acre site in Weybridge will open at 9am to welcome in the droves of spectators eager to see what treasures have turned up.
• For more information, visit www.brooklandsmuseum.com
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 4 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 5 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 6 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 7 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 8 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 9 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 10 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces