Christmas events at Salisbury Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
There’s plenty going on at Salisbury Cathedral with carol concerts, fun activities for children of all ages, twilight tower tours to see Salisbury’s Christmas lights from a great vantage point, the ever popular huge Advent and Christmas services, Christmas lunch options in the Cathedral’s Refectory Restaurant, the Christmas Eve nativity – complete with donkeys! – BBC Wiltshire Carol Concert, and don’t forget a visit to the Cathedral’s giftshop with its wide range of gifts from inexpensive stocking fillers to exclusive handmade products!
The cathedral choir performs A Christmas Celebration of timeless Christmas music interspersed with familiar Christmas readings and poetry on 11 December at 7.30pm. Tickets from Salisbury Playhouse box office, 01722 320333, or online at www.salisburycathedral.org.uk .
Twilight Tower Tours – complete with delicious cream tea - run at 3.15pm from 28 November, the day Salisbury’s Christmas Market opens, until the start of the New Year. The Cathedral is also running its regular 90 minute daily 12.15pm tower tour. Book early to avoid disappointment.
Fun activities for children and their families include a special Christmas trail, Festive Fun for the under 5s, ‘All Things Christmassy’ craft sessions, and story-time around the crib.
Christmas lunches begin in the Refectory on 9 December. To make your booking call 01722 555175.
Further information on Christmas at Salisbury Cathedral can be found at www.salisburycathedral.org.uk or call 01722 555120.
Salisbury Cathedral is open every day, guides provide a warm welcome and lead regular tours of the Cathedral and Chapter House, home to the finest original Magna Carta 1215.
- 1 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Somerset this Halloween
- 2 9 of the best places for coffee across Cornwall
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 7 autumn walks in Kent to delight the senses
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 Try this pretty, circular coastal walk at the Chidham Peninsula
- 8 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 9 At home in the Cotswolds with Simon McCoy
- 10 12 historic village churches in Cheshire