Cinderella at the Everyman Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Polish your pumpkins, grab your glass slippers and dust off your ball gowns. The Everyman’s annual, family-friendly pantomime is back – bigger, better and funnier than ever and featuring the return of Tweedy and William Elliott as Cinderella’s mother, Baroness Hardup.
From the creative team which brought you last year’s record-breaking show, this year it’s the original rags to riches story and everyone’s favourite panto, Cinderella. Will Cinders, played by Ruth Betteridge, get to the Ball, will she find her Prince Charming or will the wicked stepsisters win the day?
This most popular of all Christmas pantos is packed full of laughs, magic and music with plenty of thrills, spills, wicked tricks, fantastic sets and fabulous costumes.
Geoffrey Rowe, Chief Executive of the Everyman Theatre commented: “Expect to see many of your favourite panto elements, including the hilarious antics of Tweedy the Clown and of course a thigh-slapping principal boy and our regular dame. But in a break from tradition, this year we have wicked, spiteful stepsisters, rather than ugly sisters. These roles (usually played by men) will instead be played by two very glamorous actresses (Wendy Abrahams and Kerry Whiteside). We have many familiar faces but some new ones too and we welcome back to the Everyman Theatre, Gloucester-based Upstage Designs, who have designed many productions at the Everyman, most recently Cider with Rosie, The Glass Menagerie and last year’s Will Harvey’s War.”
So the scene is set, come and have a ball with us and don’t forget to get your tickets before the clock strikes twelve!
Everyman Theatre, Regent Street, Cheltenham, GL50 1HQ
- 1 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 2 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 WIN £500 worth of preloved designer clothes
- 5 23 cottages that will make you want to move to Surrey
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 9 lovely beaches in Cornwall that allow dogs all-year-round
- 9 WIN a stay at Hornington Manor's new shepherd huts
- 10 Beautiful places to go wild swimming in Suffolk
Friday 27th November 2015 – Sunday 10th January 2016
Tickets from £10.50. Performance times and prices vary so call the Box Office on 01242 572573 or visit www.everymantheatre.org.uk