Cirencester Royal Agricultural Farm to hold lambing weekend
- Credit: Archant
The Royal Agricultural University (RAU) will be holding a lambing weekend at its Harnhill Manor Farm near Cirencester on Saturday 11 and Sunday 12 March 2017, in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support
The Royal Agricultural University (RAU) will be holding a lambing weekend at its Harnhill Manor Farm near Cirencester on Saturday 11 and Sunday 12 March 2017, in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support.
The University will be welcoming families and members of the local community to visit the farm and find out what goes on during lambing season. Visitors will get the chance to get up close to the lambs, and hopefully see some being born!
Families can also enjoy tractor and trailer rides, educational displays on farming and food production, and meet RAU students and staff, as well as a picnic area, food, and refreshments.
The event will be running from 10am to 4pm both days. There will be a charge of £5 per car.
RAU Farms Director, Tom Overbury, said: “This will be a great opportunity for people to see what we do on the RAU farms and also to learn about how some of our food is produced. We hope to provide something of interest to all age groups.”
Proceeds raised will be donated to Macmillan Cancer Support.
The address is: Rural Innovation Centre, Manor Farm, Harnhill, GL75PU
For more information please contact Shelly.Hampshire@rau.ac.uk on 01285 652531.
- 1 Fireworks displays and bonfire night events in Sussex 2021
- 2 The Hairy Bikers Yorkshire Food Tour
- 3 11 best Devon Christmas markets for 2021
- 4 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 6 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 7 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 8 The Hairy Bikers Go North to explore the Yorkshire coast
- 9 Where to pick pumpkins in Dorset for Halloween 2021
- 10 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Somerset this Halloween