Cirencester Royal Agricultural Farm to hold lambing weekend
- Credit: Archant
The Royal Agricultural University (RAU) will be holding a lambing weekend at its Harnhill Manor Farm near Cirencester on Saturday 11 and Sunday 12 March 2017, in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support
The Royal Agricultural University (RAU) will be holding a lambing weekend at its Harnhill Manor Farm near Cirencester on Saturday 11 and Sunday 12 March 2017, in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support.
The University will be welcoming families and members of the local community to visit the farm and find out what goes on during lambing season. Visitors will get the chance to get up close to the lambs, and hopefully see some being born!
Families can also enjoy tractor and trailer rides, educational displays on farming and food production, and meet RAU students and staff, as well as a picnic area, food, and refreshments.
The event will be running from 10am to 4pm both days. There will be a charge of £5 per car.
RAU Farms Director, Tom Overbury, said: “This will be a great opportunity for people to see what we do on the RAU farms and also to learn about how some of our food is produced. We hope to provide something of interest to all age groups.”
Proceeds raised will be donated to Macmillan Cancer Support.
The address is: Rural Innovation Centre, Manor Farm, Harnhill, GL75PU
For more information please contact Shelly.Hampshire@rau.ac.uk on 01285 652531.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 6 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 7 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 8 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 9 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 10 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey