City hotel of the year supports Exeter late night shopping with 3 for 2 tapas Thursdays
- Credit: Archant
Late night shoppers in Exeter can sample Spanish delights with 3 for 2 tapas on Thursday evenings at The Magdalen Chapter.
Launched to coincide with the much-anticipated late night shopping in the city, shoppers can rest their heavy bags and taste the all-new tapas menu. Fiona Moores, General Manager at The Magdalen Chapter, said: “What better way to celebrate summer and the launch of late night shopping than by bringing the taste of Spain to shoppers. I’m really looking forward to the city having a bigger buzz in the evenings and the new feel Late Night Shopping will bring to the centre.
“Our Head Chef Ben is greatly inspired by Spanish flavours and loves nothing more than bringinggreat dishes to our diners. Since its launch in April, tapasis proving extremely popular, in particular with groups of friends looking to extend their evening after browsing the shops.”
Available throughout the day and into the evening, tapas is served in The Lounge. The all-new menu features a feast of classic dishes alongside more innovative additions. These include Castellanos Charcuterie, Grilled Sardines with Lemon, Grilled Quail with Pomegranate, Smashed Carrot, Chilli and Pine Nuts, Fried Potatoes and Chorizo Ketchup to name but a few.
A new wine list has also been introduced for Summer 2014 and features 14 open wines. These include a New Zealand Spy Valley Sauvignon Blanc, an Italian Conto Vecchio Pinot Grigio Blush and an Alto Bajo Merlot.
A recent development for the city centre, retailers across Exeter are joining forces to offer extended opening hours on a Thursday evening. John Lewis, Apple and Topshop are just a handful of the retailer’s committed to new opening hours. Stagecoach buses and the Park & Ride have also extended services to accommodate later evening transport.
The tapas menu is available every day, throughout the day. The 3 for 2 offer is exclusive to Thursdays. For more information on Tapas Thursdays and to view a full menu visit
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Lancashire and the Lake District dominate the 2021 National Food Awards top 100 listings
- 3 Theatre review: Bat Out of Hell The Musical
- 4 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Somerset this Halloween
- 5 23 places to find the best views in Devon
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 At home in the Cotswolds with Simon McCoy
- 9 Heritage Open Days 2021: 14 unusual places to visit in Devon
- 10 Win a Mini-Moon experience for two at The Feathered Nest in the Cotswolds