City stores in walk-off
- Credit: Archant
Teams from Gloucester’s stores are gearing up for the Pied Piper Walkathon taking place on Sunday, May 26. Teams from Debenhams, Kingswalk Shopping Centre and Sainsburys Northgate Street have already taken up the challenge to walk the 25-mile route.
Peter White, Centre Manager at Kingswalk Shopping Centre will be taking part with a team from the Centre. He says; “The Walkathon is a good opportunity to get some exercise while supporting the Pied Piper. We are really pleased to continue supporting the Pied Piper as our main charity of the year - anything to raise money for them.”
The route covers 25 miles of the historic Glevum Way. Walkers can decide to do part of the route and some groups have opted to complete the walk as a relay with a different member waiting and walking from each checkpoint during the day!
Rugby players Alex Brown and Huia Edmonds will be supporting the Walkathon starting at Castlemeads car park at 8am on the Sunday.
Teams can consist of colleagues or families on what promises to be a fun way to explore the famous Glevum Way and raise much-needed money for a cardiac probe at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital. The probe costs £9,500 and will reduce the waiting times for Gloucestershire children who are in need of a cardiac assessment.
Since 1992 Pied Piper has worked hard to improve the lives of sick children throughout Gloucestershire. Initially set up to fund a new children’s hospital for the county, the charity continues to raise money for desperately-needed equipment such as the cardiac probe.
• Entry is £6 per adult, £2 for children under 12. Email: email@example.com for an application form, call 0300 4226 119 or go to the website – www.piedpiperappeal.co.uk - to download an entry form.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 8 of the best places for a bluebell walk in Surrey
- 3 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 4 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 5 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 6 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 7 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 8 10 of the prettiest Villages in Dorset to visit
- 9 16 films that you might not know were made in Devon
- 10 7 of the best places to eat al fresco in York