CLA Chairman calls for MPs to ensure the future of our countryside
- Credit: Archant
CLA Chairman Iain Curry is relying on our local MPs to ensure the future of the countryside in May’s general election
From now until the general election we will no doubt see a regular stream of headlines from each political party. But will the candidates in Hampshire promote policies for a thriving countryside?
We can expect the challenges of long term food security, water management and demands for housing and energy to be high on every party’s agenda. People living and working in the countryside will have a critical role to play in delivering the solutions to these challenges at both national and local levels.
The CLA is calling all those who hope to be in positions of responsibility in our county after the general election to put the countryside at the heart of their policies. We launched our own manifesto in July, which we will be sending to candidates across Hampshire to help them shape policies that will enable rural areas to prosper over the lifetime of the next government.
We want the MPs in our region to have a true understanding of the issues that are important to people who live or work in the Hampshire countryside. We also want them to recognise the contribution of rural-based businesses to our county’s economy, environment and communities.
The CLA will be working with candidates over the coming months to make sure that the countryside’s voice is heard, understood and given the attention it merits.
- 1 The best place to view stormy skies in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 2 How to spend a day out in magical St Albans
- 3 Win the Cobra MX3440V Cordless Lawnmower
- 4 Where to find the best ice creams in Kent
- 5 Rob and Dave Nicholson - the TV farmers from Barnsley
- 6 Win a luxury 2-night Lake District getaway to the Skiddaw Hotel worth £500
- 7 Cheshire summer holiday outings: Making Tracks 2 model railway exhibition at Chester Cathedral
- 8 Win a luxury break at the Raithwaite Sandsend Hotel
- 9 Cheshire walk - Anderton Boat Lift and Nature Park
- 10 17 amazing experience days in Hampshire