Claire Sweeney celebrates baby shower in Liverpool
- Credit: not Archant
Actress and singer Claire Sweeney held a glitzy baby shower at the Hilton in Liverpool as she awaits the big day later this month
As baby showers go, Claire Sweeney’s was an incredibly lively and fun affair.
A champagne afternoon tea at the Hilton Hotel, Liverpool, sounded like a sedate way to spend an afternoon, however, those who know Claire realised it would be anything but quiet.
Claire, who is expecting her first child in October, hosted the afternoon soiree for friends and family to celebrate the impending arrival of her baby boy.
So convinced is Claire that her little bundle will be theatrical, she asked designers ‘David Vivienne’ to make sure the invitations featured a baby boy with a top hat and cane. Claire, looking radiant in a floral print maxi dress, introduced the entertainment, JK as Robbie, who wowed the guests, including Peter Price and Herbert Howe, with a set of Robbie Williams’ hits including popular swing numbers.
Claire joined JK by rounding off the afternoon with a rousing rendition of ‘Angels’ as Herbert busted some moves on the dance-floor.
Claire could not have looked happier, sporting her longed for baby bump, surrounded by her friends and family and a mountain of presents for her little one.
- 1 A haunting Cotswolds memoir of growing up in a ménage à trois in the 1950s
- 2 5 of the best cycle cafés in Lancashire
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 5 How the Goosnargh Gin distillery bounced back from adversity
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 7 See inside this £1.5 million modern property in the Oxfordshire Cotswolds
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 7 scenic coastal walks to try in Somerset (with cafes on the way)
- 10 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
The occasion was organised by Carolyn Hughes PR and styled by Julie Perry, Julie Perry Events.