Coleen Rooney at Manchester House charity lunch
- Credit: Archant
Glamorous guests including Coleen Rooney and celebrity stylist Lorraine McCulloch attended a charity lunch at Manchester House restaurant in aid of The Christie Hospital and Key 103’s Cash for Kids.
Diners enjoyed blazing sunshine while they sipped Veuve Cliquot at the champagne reception on the stunning roof terrace.
Celebrity chef Aiden Byrne and his team created a mouth-watering lunch, including a main course of wild sea trout with red pepper crust, fresh almonds and brown shrimp gnocchi, served with accompanying fine wines.
The open plan restaurant showcased the theatrical kitchen while guests also enjoyed entertainment from quirky trio ‘The Crew’ who roamed the restaurant singing popular classics.
The event, organised by Carolyn Hughes PR and Julie Perry Events, was hosted by Key 103’s Chelsea Norris. Raffle and auction prizes included a pamper package from Harvey Nichols, a Boodles ‘Love Letter’, Champagne lunch or dinner for six people at Australasia and a signed Nicole Scherzinger Coach bag. Staff from Harvey Nichols Manchester were on hand to provide pampering and fragrances for the guests, including Shu Uemura complimentary lash applications. Jewellers Boodles showcased an array of stunning diamond pieces.
The guests then enjoyed an ‘after party’ at The Lounge on Level 12 and enjoyed cocktails, a DJ and stunning panoramic views of the Manchester skyline.
Event organiser Carolyn Hughes said: ‘The combination of the setting of Manchester House and a sumptuous lunch created by Aiden Byrne proved a perfect combination for this fundraiser for two very worthy charities.’ The event which was also supported by Barclays, raised over £9,000.
- 1 How the Goosnargh Gin distillery bounced back from adversity
- 2 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Win a fabulous free-range Morton's Norfolk turkey for Christmas!
- 5 The best second-hand bookshops in Suffolk
- 6 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 7 of the best spas in Sussex
- 10 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District