Cookie Club goes down a sugary treat
The new holiday 'cooking club' for children run by The Tea Tree kicked off its first session this week.
The new holiday cooking club designed to encourage children to get into cooking ran its first session this week. Run during school holidays as a fun way to get children cooking the ‘Cookie Club’ proved a big sticky hit with its first participants who ranged from 2 – 8 years of age.
When The Tea Tree owner Sarah Calhaem decided to start the Cookie Club, she didn’t realise it was going to be so popular. “I knew that there was a lack of things for children, particularly of this age range, to do in Ilminster during the school holidays so I wanted to start up a club that was fun and hands on. I had no idea how popular it would prove to be, our first session was fully booked within days and we are now booked out for the rest of the school year” said Sarah.
The Tea Tree only opened its doors 17 months ago and has been going from strength to strength in that time. Well known in the town for its homemade cakes, as well as light lunches and Sunday roasts, a cooking club seemed the perfect way to get the younger people of the town engaged with everything The Tea Tree has to offer.
“We kicked off with some wonderful Cookie Monster cup cakes, which I thought may have been a little ambitious. But in fact the children took to it like ducks to water and produced some very impressive results” described Sarah. Each session to be run will offer something new for the children to turn their culinary hands too, ranging from biscuits, cup cakes through to scones and flap jacks.
Jessica Dobbs, aged 7, said “I had so much fun I want to be a baker when I grow up and make cakes all the time”.
The next Cookie Club session is due to run on the 4th April with the start of the Easter holidays.
To find out more information on The Tea Tree please visit: www.theteatree.co.uk
- 1 The Hairy Bikers hit West Yorkshire
- 2 9 cosy pubs in Devon to warm up in this winter
- 3 Surrey Life meets Strictly costume designer Vicky Gill
- 4 The Hairy Bikers Go North to explore the Yorkshire coast
- 5 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 6 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 7 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 8 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 9 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 10 Fireworks displays and bonfire night events in Sussex 2021