CORNISH COMPOSER TEAMS UP WITH ACTRESS FOR LAND’S END FIREWORKS
A Cornish composer and a BAFTA award-winning actress have lent their considerable talents to a stunning musically-synchronised fireworks event taking place this summer at Land’s End.
The landmark attraction will host a series of family entertainment events throughout the summer holidays, with the highlight being the twice-weekly fireworks displays.
The spectacular fireworks event features the vocal talents of BAFTA award-winning actress Miriam Margolyes and an original orchestral score created by Cornish composer Christopher Bond.
Called Magic in the Skies’, it will take place every Tuesday and Thursday evening throughout the summer, combining pyrotechnical wizardry with traditional Cornish storytelling.
The show retells the ancient legend of the Lost Land of Lyonesse’ – a mythical place from Arthurian legend which is said to have once bordered Cornwall.
Along with the weekly fireworks spectaculars, Land’s End has also announced free family fun days throughout the summer with themed Pirate, Children’s and Cornish Days planned.
David Bryans, general manager at Land’s End Landmark, said:
- 1 Star cast unveiled for new ITV crime drama set in North Devon
- 2 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 4 Where to pick pumpkins in Dorset for Halloween 2021
- 5 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 6 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 7 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 8 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Cornwall this Halloween
- 9 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 10 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Somerset this Halloween
“The summer has well and truly arrived and everyone at the attraction is ready for an exciting few weeks to come.
“Our twice-weekly fireworks events promise to be the highlight of the holidays, but there’s much more to enjoy with live music, entertainers and costume fun taking place at the westernmost point of Cornwall.
“Visitors need only pay for parking and the activities they want to enjoy – the entertainment is completely free of charge.”
Tickets for the Land’s End attractions can be booked with 10% discount through the website: www.landsend-landmark.co.uk. More information is available via Facebook: landsendlandmark and on Twitter: @VisitLandsEnd