Cotswold Motoring Museum and Toy Collection in Bourton-on-the-Water
- Credit: Archant
Promotional feature: The Cotswold Motoring Museum & Toy Collection lies in the beautiful setting of Bourton-on-the-Water. A popular tourist destination, Bourton is a great place to visit for a day trip, with plenty to see and do in and around the village.
The Museum features over 50 vehicles, including cars, motorcycles, pedal cars and caravans displayed in seven galleries covering more than 7,500 sq. ft.! The Museum is a fascinating journey through the 20th Century, overflowing with vintage vehicles, hundreds of original enamel signs and an intriguing collection of motoring curiosities. It’s also home to TV’s superhero car Brum, whose adventures start and end at the museum, and can now be found there every day.
From old favourites from year’s gone past to more modern items, visitors will be enchanted by the display of toys and games. There is also a gift shop which packed with pocket-money treats and collectables including Brum memorabilia and souvenirs.
As well as galleries full of vintage vehicles and memorabilia, each year the motoring museum plays host to intriguing exhibitions. Currently, these include Mud, Track & Tarmac, Motoring Milestones, The Impact on the World Today, and A History of Motoring. Head to the website where you can access the eBook that looks at the decisions that we, as individuals, can take to mitigate our impact. It also includes suggestions for how the current century of motoring may unfold.
New exhibition for 2015
Dream a little dream
This year’s exhibition running from February to December is influenced by hippie culture. The Museum’s nostalgic look at the 1960s is colourful and laid back, with everything from the Zephyr Mk3 and vintage motorcycles to the sounds of an original Radio Caroline studio.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 8 charming market towns you need to visit in Somerset
- 3 Win a fabulous free-range Morton's Norfolk turkey for Christmas!
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 6 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 7 Win a Mini-Moon experience for two at The Feathered Nest in the Cotswolds
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 The best walks in Dorset to see the autumn leaves
- 10 6 great walks near Skipton
The Cotswold Motoring Museum is open from 10am to 6pm seven days a week, from 15 February to mid-December 2015.
Motoring Museum | Toy Collection | Gift Shop |Home of TV’s Brum | Children’s Play Area