- Credit: Archant
Cranmore School is one of Surrey’s leading prep schools. It welcomes boys aged 4 - 13 years and Bright Stars co-educational nursery accommodates children from 2½.
The entire school has been awarded top grades in all categories in a recent ISI Inspection.
A preparatory school is a foundation for life and a Cranmore education fosters an enduring positive attitude to discovery and learning. This is our prime role within our strong academic framework and we plan each individual journey to enable each boy to achieve their potential.
We aim to cultivate at least one special talent or interest where a child can shine and increase his self-worth. This could be in sport, music or the arts, or in one of our many extra-curricular activities. Our Catholic-based Christian ethos provides strong pastoral support and cultivates the values of trust, tolerance, care and concern for others.
Cranmore School, West Horsley, Surrey KT24 6AT
- 1 4 fab places to dine in Devon
- 2 Waterfalls, Weirs and Cascades of the Peak District
- 3 Devon coast to star in new Ainsley Harriott series on Channel 4
- 4 Win a champagne and jewellery shopping day in Harrogate worth £500
- 5 Win a Stay at The Merchant's Yard, Tideswell in the Peak District
- 6 10 wonderful walks around the Cotswolds
- 7 These are the Cornwall beaches awarded Blue Flag status in 2022
- 8 Top celebrity craft makers head for Devon festival
- 9 Win a short break at Wrea Head Hall on the edge of the North York Moors
- 10 Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday Celebrations in Hertfordshire
T: 01483 280340
Cranmore School is ‘unashamedly academic’ (Good Schools Guide) and pupils are ‘articulate and mathematically and linguistically highly able’ (2013 Inspection). The boys generally proceed to the senior school of their choice and have won over 160 scholarships in recent years.
The school has an outstanding sporting record - boys can choose from 25 sports ranging from mainstream options such as cricket, football and rugby to less-common choices such as skiing, judo, rowing and golf. The majority of sports are hosted on-site.
Music and drama are considered an integral part of the school day with all boys getting the opportunity to learn, perform and express themselves through the performing arts.
Bright Stars Nursery (rated ‘Outstanding’) is open year-round with extended hours care. It’s open to both girls and boys with boys proceeding on into the main school. The school’s spacious 25 acre site is equidistant between Guildford and Leatherhead and is well-served by school transport runs.