Croyde Triathlon returns for another year...
- Credit: Archant
A seriously challenging event in a seriously stunning location...
Croyde Ocean Triathlon in association with Hyundai Roundswell is back at 8am Sunday 3rd July 2016…
Olympic distance Triathlon returns to Croyde for its second year after last year’s successful event raised £7500 for charity. Could you take on the challenge!?
Online entry goes live on 1 December at 7am, at www.croydeocean.co.uk with 300 places expected to sell out fast! Entry is £65 for individuals and £90 for a relay team. Money raised will go to The Seamoor Chemotherapy Unit in Barnstaple.
Triathlon organiser Mike Morris is thrilled with the continuing success of the event: “Our aim was to create a seriously challenging event in a seriously stunning location”.
The beautiful North Devon coastline will host competitors as they first complete a 1.5km sea swim from award-winning beach at Putsborough Sands.
The stunning bike route is set by Chris Green, who marked out the London 2012 Olympic bike course. The on-road ride starts above Putsborough and heads towards Pickwell Manor before climbing to higher ground towards Ilfracombe and through the Fullabrook Wind Farm.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
- 3 Win £500 of Gallox fashionwear
- 4 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 5 One Suffolk beach given Blue Flag status for 2021
- 6 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 7 Where to go wild swimming in the Cotswolds
- 8 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 9 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 10 Meet the new Devon stars of Channel 4 series
To complete the epic challenge is a 12km off-road trail run where runners must be prepared to encounter both mud and sheep! Organisers have kindly made the run 2km longer than Olympic course, to allow competitors extra time to enjoy the panoramic views of Putsborough, Saunton and Croyde Bay.
If think you’re up for the challenge, then keep up to date with the event at @croydeocean or www.croydeocean.co.uk