Cycling The Blossom Trail for St John Ambulance
- Credit: Archant
Scores of keen cyclists will participate in The Blossom Bikeway charity cycle in April, with all money raised going to support St John Ambulance
The Blossom Trail is among five major blossom events on earth, with others taking place in Japan and the USA. On Sunday April 27 the Bikeaway will play host to crowds of keen cyclists as they begin their journey from Hampton Ferry. Hampton Ferry, situated at the end of Boat Lane in Evesham, has been home to the same family since 1929, which started as a smallholding market garden and ferry and was the only link between Hampton and Evesham. The countryside around the Vale of Evesham bursts into a riot of colour as Spring shrugs off the winter chill, making this a particularly picturesque time to take to the saddle.
The Blossom Bikeaway has a choice of four routes to suit all ages and abilities which will provide cyclists with enchanting views. All monies raised help St John Ambulance provide voluntary first aid support at numerous local events.
Interested in exploring the Vale countryside while raising money for a worthy cause? Please contact Angela Tidmarsh on 01386 565373.
There are other ways to enjoy the Blossom Trail other than the Bikeaway. You can cycle as part of the National Cycle Network, enjoy one of the specially designed walks, or take a blossom coach tour.
Visit the website for more information: www.blossom-trail.org.uk
- 1 Win a fabulous free-range Morton's Norfolk turkey for Christmas!
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 8 charming market towns you need to visit in Somerset
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 The best walks in Dorset to see the autumn leaves
- 6 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 9 You can stay at this adorable Winnie the Pooh 'Bearbnb' in Sussex
- 10 11 of the prettiest villages in North Devon