- Credit: Archant
Ashbourne’s buzzing town centre is the location for Da Carlo - an independently run Italian restaurant owned and run by Carlo Girometti.
You can enjoy a quick bite to eat at lunch time, with one of our lunch time specials or linger over an evening meal before moving onto to enjoy a pint or two.
Da Carlo looks deceptively small from the outside but is able to seat up to seventy people at any one time, in its beautiful contemporary dining room. With white-washed walls, marble floors and polished wooden floors Da Carlo embodies chic Italian design. Carlo, the owner has worked in top hotels and restaurants in London and know a thing or two about customer service and you will be looked after whether dining at lunch or having an intimate meal for two in the evening or with friends.
The menu, as you would expect is a showcase for authentic Italian cuisine. With a particular emphasis placed on pasta and risotto dishes you can expect to enjoy meals such as classic spaghetti con polpette with juicy meatballs in a rich tomato sauce, quadrotti al salmone - square pasta filled with salmon and cream, and risotto al funghi cooked using vegetable stock.
- 1 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Somerset this Halloween
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 9 of the best places for coffee across Cornwall
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 At home in the Cotswolds with Simon McCoy
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 Lancashire and the Lake District dominate the 2021 National Food Awards top 100 listings
- 8 23 places to find the best views in Devon
- 9 Theatre review: Bat Out of Hell The Musical
- 10 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
If you want to relive your holidays in Italy then Da Carlo’s is the place to do it and with excellent accommodation at a very reasonable price just above the restaurant, what more could you ask for.
A couple of nights stay in the accommodation above Da Carlo will set you in the right place for visiting the many nearby wonderful sights of the Peak District. Breakfast can be included in the price or you can just book a room. In the evening when you return from your day exploring how better to end the day than a beautiful meal, great ambience, a lovely glass of wine ....or two and then roll into bed to get ready for the next day.