Dawn Chorus Walk at Pentillie Castle
- Credit: Archant
An essential event for bird enthusiasts - Pentillie Castle is holding a Dawn Chorus Walk on Saturday 26 April, as part of its ‘Nature Weekend’.
Starting at 6am from the front of the castle, the family-friendly Dawn Chorus walk offers a fantastic opportunity to experience nature first hand in an idyllic woodland setting.
While wandering through the Castle’s American gardens, walkers will be given insights on bird behaviour and taught how to recognise birds from their tweeting.The trail will also provide visitors with information on how to distinguish resident birds such as blackbirds and robins and migratory birds including the Chiff Chaff, Black Cap and Cuckoo.
If the weather is calm, organisers plan to set up a mist net for birds to be caught, weighed, measured, sex determined and tagged, providing an exclusive and rare opportunity to see song birds up close.
The event costs £7 and includes coffee and a bacon roll after the walk. Alternatively, complimentary spaces on the trail are available to those who stay in its B&B for the weekend.
Only a limited number of spaces are available for this unique event, so booking is essential.
To book, call 01579 350044 or find out more by visiting www.pentillie.co.uk
- 1 Win a stylish, hand-crafted rug by Best Wool worth up to £1,000
- 2 You can stay at this adorable Winnie the Pooh 'Bearbnb' in Sussex
- 3 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 4 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 5 Behind the scenes of Sussex film Vindication Swim
- 6 19 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 7 Kelvin Fletcher's Big Farming Adventure
- 8 Win a tropical trip for two to Mauritius
- 9 WIN tickets to a Bristol food festival
- 10 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest near the Peak District