Denby Visitor Centre
- Credit: Archant
We’ve been making our famous Denby Stoneware in the heart of Derbyshire for over 200 years. Find us close to Ripley, just 15 miles from Chatsworth House and the edge of the Peak District.
Denby, Derbyshire DE5 8NX
Tel: 01773 740 799
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 3 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 4 10 of the prettiest Villages in Dorset to visit
- 5 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 6 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 7 16 films that you might not know were made in Devon
- 8 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 9 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 10 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
Open Daily: 9.30am to 5pm, Sun11am to 5pm
The home of world famous Denby Pottery and the Visitor Centre can be found in the heart of Derbyshire, close to Belper and Ripley and just a few miles from Matlock.
Nestled around an attractive cobbled courtyard, the centre is free to enter and there is a large free car park. Facilities include the extensive Denby Factory Shop, a selection of cookery garden and gift shops, free cookery demonstrations, guided pottery tours, museum, outdoor play area and Bourne’s Restaurant.
This is the home of Denby where the full range of products is available in both best quality and seconds, with savings of up to 60% off rrp. Discover everything Denby in the Factory Shop including discontinued patterns not easily found elsewhere, plus ‘only at Denby’ design trials and exclusive pieces.
Visitors can watch an entertaining 30 free Cookery Demonstration in the Kitchen Theatre (normally 12.30 and 2.30pm daily), browse the collection of shops around the courtyard, and take a tour of the working pottery to see how Denby is made.
Fully Guided Tours are available daily (from Feb - Oct) and include an insight into Denby’s rich history, making a clay souvenir to take home, and having a go at painting a plate. Please check the website for Tour details. Booking is recommended but not essential (call 01773 740 799).
Refreshments are on offer in Bourne’s Restaurant, made from local ingredients. The restaurant is self service and has a choice of seating areas and a free wi fi.