Dormy House wins prestigious shooting venue award
- Credit: Archant
As the grouse shooting season opened earlier this month on August 12, Dormy House Hotel near Broadway has been named one of the top 12 shooting hotels in the UK.
Dormy House was crowned Best Midlands Shoot Hotel in the 2014 Good Shoot Hotel Awards, organised by the website Guns on Pegs in conjunction with Field Magazine.
Sales and marketing manager Vicki Jewitt said of the occasion: “We are thrilled to be given this accolade which recognises the care we give to shooting events at Dormy House. Since we opened Foxhill Manor in May, we also now have the perfect exclusive-use venue for shooting parties and a wide range of exciting outdoor pursuits.
“Farncombe Estate is a beautiful location for any group. We have lots of wildlife and long views. Ours isn’t a shooting estate, but there are numerous shoots on our doorstep and we have developed a great relationship with all of them. We are able to store guns and cartridges in separate locked safes and – most importantly – we know how to look after our sporting guests!
“For instance, we have drying rooms for muddy boots and wet clothes – and we can even dress the dinner table to suit the sporting theme.”
This is the inaugural year of the Good Shoot Hotel Awards by Guns on Pegs.com, and the awards are based entirely on votes and testimonials of visiting hotel guests. Also backing the awards is The Field, the UK’s oldest country-pursuits magazine, founded in 1853.
To book a shooting party at Dormy House or Foxhill Manor, call 01386 854178 or visit www.dormyhouse.co.uk
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 3 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 4 10 of the prettiest Villages in Dorset to visit
- 5 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 6 16 films that you might not know were made in Devon
- 7 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 8 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 9 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 10 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex