Explore the great outdoors at these Easter egg hunts in Dorset
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Exploration of the great outdoors takes centre stage in this year's National Trust Easter egg trails. So, head on over to one of these Dorset locations to search for signs of spring and get hunting for a delicious treat.
Don't forget to follow government guidelines by staying local and following social distancing protocol to minimise the spread of Coronavirus.
The National Trust haven't specified dates and opening times for the Easter egg trail at Kingston Lacy just yet, but you will be able to book your tickets from the 26th of March. Click here for more details.
Kingston Lacy was built from 1663 to 1665 and is likened to a Venetian palace; the estate grounds are equally as magnificent, with over 8,500 acres of land and beautiful gardens that spring to life with the coming of warmer weather. The Japanese Garden is the perfect spot to enjoy a moment of Hanami (blossom watching); make sure you read our Blossom spotting guide for the low down on what varieties to look out for.
Get ready to explore the Easter egg trail at Studland Bay from the 2nd to the 18th of April between 10.30 am and 3.30 pm. The egg hunt costs £3 to participate in and will take you on an adventure through sandy dunes and heathlands. Click here for more details.
There are 4 miles of beach at Studland Bay, so a spot of sandcastle building, a dip in the sea and a tasty picnic would round out the day nicely.
Head to Corfe Castle for an action-packed Easter egg hunt from the 2nd to the 18th of April, between 10 am - 4 pm. The trail is £3 per entry and includes a chocolate egg or alternative allergen-free treat. Tickets need to be booked in advance; click here for more details.
The castle ruins and surrounding grounds are home to plenty of wildlife and makes for the perfect location for an afternoon picnic.
- 1 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 2 Two Cornwall fish and chip shops named country's best
- 3 Win a holiday for two on the Isles of Scilly
- 4 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 5 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 6 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 7 Sussex pubs with beer gardens to visit this summer
- 8 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 9 8 of the best places for a bluebell walk in Surrey
- 10 16 of the best beer gardens in Essex