Dorset Portrait - David Macey, Chairman, Saffery Champness
- Credit: Archant
David Macey has been a partner in the Bournemouth office of Saffery Champness since it opened 30 years ago.
Today David manages six partners with individual specialisms and a team of over 30. In 2013 David was appointed Chairman of the firm.
David has seen an economic transformation of the Bournemouth area since 1984. “It used to be primarily a holiday destination but today is a hub of business and investment. The emergence of the University has bolstered the local economy and provided a pool of talent attracting significant corporate employers like JP Morgan and Standard Life.”
Saffery Champness provides a wide range of support to local businesses and institutions with key sectors being property, estate management, professional practices, hospitality, charities and private wealth. Its membership of Nexia International gives clients access to global accounting services.
Saffery Champness is the headline sponsor of the Dorset Tourism Awards and has recently launched a new initiative focussing on the needs of entrepreneurs in the area.
The firm is a top 20 practice in the UK and celebrates its 160th anniversary in 2015. “We have a long and proud history, but we can never rest on our laurels,” says David. “We are always looking to the future.”
- 1 WIN £200 worth of luxury silk bed products
- 2 Win a luxury ladies watch worth £199
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Win super stylish summer shades!
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 7 A fond farewell to Torbay from the captain of cruise ship Eurodam
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 Property of the month: Godfreys Farmhouse, Great Totham
- 10 13 beautiful riverside pubs to visit in the Cotswolds