East Cheshire Hospice’s 30th anniversary ball
- Credit: Pics; John Cocks
East Cheshire Hospice celebrated 30 years with a winter dreams themed ball
Friends, supporters and staff enjoyed an evening of wintry fun at a ball to mark East Cheshire Hospice’s 30th anniversary.
Over 350 guests attended the occasion at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa in Knutsford, hosted by local compere, Paul Sleem. It featured an array of entertainment including choreographed routines from Spark and Danash dance school from Helsby.
The evening broke all previous records, raising £95,500 for the Macclesfield hospice with help from a tombola and auction, for which 200 prizes were donated by local businesses.
A highlight of the evening was one lucky guest winning a half-carat diamond pendant from P.R. Jones Jewellers worth over £3,000. It was donated by the Jones’ family.
Joanna Boyd, hospice events manager said: ‘The evening was a phenomenal success and we are thrilled at how much money was raised by our supporters. We rely heavily on the generosity of our community, so these events are incredibly important. We are extremely grateful to the fundraising committee, whose hard work make the ball one of the highlights of our fundraising calendar.’
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 6 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 7 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 8 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 9 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 10 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way