East Glos Club Open Day: Saturday, June 15
- Credit: Archant
East Glos Club is offering a wonderful opportunity for all ages.
Visit on their open day and experience racket play on 27 courts with four different tennis playing surfaces, as well as a mini tennis court. Watch or participate in squash and racketball on glass-backed courts and learn about hockey in the county. There will be competitions, prizes, huge shop discounts, membership offers, fun, games and a whole lot more. Club coaches and members will be on hand to hit with and for advice. In the club café delicious refreshments will be available all day.
East Glos offers a wide range of coaching courses particularly for juniors, as well as individual lessons.
With British hopes on Andy Murray at Wimbledon, it is good to know that East Glos is also producing some prospects of their own. Chris Morrow recently won the National Under 18 Tennis Singles at 16 and is now busy training to take on the professional circuit. Tom Mellor, 24, will represent GB at the Inas World Championships for the intellectually disabled later this month, and Felicity Thomas was Captain of Great Britain Ladies at the World Championships over 70’s last year! Squash member Nathan Lake has a World ranking of 102 and Ladies’ Hockey is also a very active section of the club.
East Glos are continually upgrading their facilities, and members are fortunate to have two wonderful groundsmen who keep the 10 grass courts in pristine condition as well as the rest of the grounds. The club is also now one of the only racket sports specialists in the area and have a range of clothing and equipment available, even to non-members, as well as a racket-stringing service.
• East Glos Club Open Day is on Saturday, June 15 from 11am until 3pm. For further information call 01242 230562 or visit www.eastglos.co.uk/openday
- 1 How the Goosnargh Gin distillery bounced back from adversity
- 2 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Win a fabulous free-range Morton's Norfolk turkey for Christmas!
- 5 The best second-hand bookshops in Suffolk
- 6 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 7 of the best spas in Sussex
- 10 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District