East Lancashire Hospice Ball raises £27,500
- Credit: Archant
A night of fun and laughter helped to raise an astonishing £27,500 for East Lancashire Hospice.
The annual Strictly Glitter Ball included a performance by Strictly Come Dancing stars Kristina Rihanoff and Ian Waite, and international opera singer Sean Ruane.
The evening was supported by The Cardboard Box Company Ltd and the Paula Helm Memorial Fund. During the evening, held at the Dunkenhalgh Hotel, over 250 guests enjoyed a 3 course meal. An auction and raffle helped to raise the incredible amount for the hospice. Prizes included a magnum of champagne, a meal at Northcote, the best seats in the house for Elton John, Sister Act and the Harry Potter Orchestral show, backstage passes and tickets to see Kristina on tour, and original paintings from John Chapman.
A talk about the hospice was given by local businesswoman Anne Dobson, who told guests how important East Lancashire Hospice is, and how much of a difference it makes.Hospice Fundraising Manager Sharon Crymble said: “As well as being a fantastic night of entertainment, those supporting the East Lancashire Hospice Ball have helped to raise this fantastic amount of money that will help us to provide care to our patients at a time when they need it.“The East Lancashire Hospice Ball is one of the highlights in the calendar of events and we simply could not make it as spectacular as it is without the support of the Ball sponsor, Mr Peter Street of the Cardboard Box Company Ltd. “We are very grateful to Mr Street for his ongoing support as well as our many guests who attend year after year to start the festive season off with a swing.”
Peter Street of the Cardboard Box Company said: “It gives the company great pleasure to support this worthy cause. We have 75 families employed who get a lot of pleasure that their company can support such a great local charity that helps local people.”
You can pre-register for next year’s event by contacting Denise at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 10 of the prettiest Villages in Dorset to visit
- 3 16 films that you might not know were made in Devon
- 4 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 5 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 6 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 7 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 8 8 of the best places for a bluebell walk in Surrey
- 9 7 of the best places to eat al fresco in York
- 10 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown