Easter History course at Taunton School
- Credit: Archant
Taunton School is running a special three-part course for amateur historians over the Easter weekend. ‘Chivalry and the Romance of the Middle Ages’ will take place on April 16, 17 and 21.
It will be run by history teacher Christopher Moule, assisted by the school’s head of history Mark Chatterton and Mr Moule’s wife, Emma, who teaches at Blundell’s School, Tiverton.
The course is designed as a continuous, coherent whole but each of the three parts also stands alone and can be booked separately.
It will examine the strange and beautiful world of medieval chivalry – the moral and cultural system developed by European knights from the 12th century onwards.
After two evening events, which both include supper, there is a day trip to three castles on Easter Monday, April 21.
The course costs £25 per evening, £40 for the day trip (includes admission charges) and £80 for all three events if booked together.
To find out more, ring 01823-703111, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.tauntonschoolevents.co.uk
- 1 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 2 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 WIN £500 worth of preloved designer clothes
- 5 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 7 9 lovely beaches in Cornwall that allow dogs all-year-round
- 8 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 9 Beautiful places to go wild swimming in Suffolk
- 10 23 cottages that will make you want to move to Surrey