Easter History course at Taunton School
- Credit: Archant
Taunton School is running a special three-part course for amateur historians over the Easter weekend. ‘Chivalry and the Romance of the Middle Ages’ will take place on April 16, 17 and 21.
It will be run by history teacher Christopher Moule, assisted by the school’s head of history Mark Chatterton and Mr Moule’s wife, Emma, who teaches at Blundell’s School, Tiverton.
The course is designed as a continuous, coherent whole but each of the three parts also stands alone and can be booked separately.
It will examine the strange and beautiful world of medieval chivalry – the moral and cultural system developed by European knights from the 12th century onwards.
After two evening events, which both include supper, there is a day trip to three castles on Easter Monday, April 21.
The course costs £25 per evening, £40 for the day trip (includes admission charges) and £80 for all three events if booked together.
To find out more, ring 01823-703111, email email@example.com or visit www.tauntonschoolevents.co.uk
- 1 10 great circular walks in Cheshire
- 2 8 great family walks in the North West
- 3 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 4 6 places to view snowdrops in Yorkshire
- 5 Win a tropical trip for two to Mauritius
- 6 10 great hill walks in Cheshire
- 7 Win a unique candles and country house prize
- 8 6 great walks near Warrington
- 9 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 10 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District