Eddi Reader at St Mary in the Castle
- Credit: Archant
In a career spanning over thirty years, the eclectic singer-songwriter Eddi Reader went from performing at the local folk clubs in her native Glasgow to harmonizing with Annie Lennox, touring with the Eurythmics, and performing alongside Alison Moyet and The Waterboys.
It was the short-lived but warmly remembered band Fairground Attraction that really brought her into the limelight and to the attention of a much wider audience.
The single ‘Perfect’ and parent album First of a Million Kisses both topped the British charts. Since then, she has recorded ten solo albums, including the 2003 classic Songs of Robert Burns. From the traditional to the contemporary, Eddi brings joyous life to all forms of song.
Her rare blend of meltingly true vocals and towering romanticism combine with an astute and pragmatic nature to make her a unique and powerful figure in today’s music scene.
In the beautiful setting of St Mary in the Castle, Eddi will be presenting very personal folk-infused songs from her latest album release, “Vagabond”.
Seats (£19.50 and £23.50) can be booked on 01323 841414 and at Music’s Not Dead in Bexhill.
Please note.....Tickets cannot be purchased in advance at St Mary in the Castle.
- 1 7 autumn walks in Kent to delight the senses
- 2 12 historic village churches in Cheshire
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 6 Meet Maggie, GBBO's 70-year-old contestant from Dorset
- 7 Try this pretty, circular coastal walk at the Chidham Peninsula
- 8 9 of the best places for coffee across Cornwall
- 9 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 10 5 great walks in and around Kendal