Emanuel Ax to perform at Pittville Pump Room
- Credit: Archant
Emanuel Ax has agreed to visit the UK especially to perform at the Chipping Campden International Music Festival on December 6.
Chipping Campden International Music Festival was delighted when the legendary American pianist Emanuel Ax agreed to visit the UK especially to perform for the festival.
The internationally acclaimed pianist normally restricts his appearances to the major music capitals of the world but he has performed four times for the festival to date, and always loves the experience so much that he readily agreed to return. The other venues for this short European tour are Paris,
Frankfurt & Berlin, all of which are concerto performances. So this is the only opportunity to hear him in a solo recital. The programme is all Beethoven and includes two of his most popular works. The ‘Pathetique’ Op 13, and the Appassionata’ Op 57.
Emanuel Ax originally captured public attention in 1974 when he won the first Arthur Rubinstein International Piano Competition in Tel Aviv. He is now one of the world’s best-loved pianists renowned for musicianship of the highest quality and performances of enormous integrity.
As the New York Times neatly summed it up “As the population of piano virtuosos keeps growing, Mr Ax remains a dot of seriousness in a sea of
- 1 9 cosy pubs in Devon to warm up in this winter
- 2 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 4 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 5 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 6 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 7 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 8 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 9 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 10 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
And Ivan Hewitt writing in the Telegraph described him as “The most distinguished American pianist alive”
Due to their regular venue of St James church being unavailable on the date in question the festival decided to book the magnificent Pittville Pump Room in Cheltenham for the concert. The hall can seat 400 and has fine acoustics.
Tickets are selling very fast but are still some available at prices from £20 - £35
Tel 01386 849018
or download booking form at