England and Argentina to contest Coronation Cup 2014 at Guards Polo Club, Windsor Great Park
- Credit: Archant
Two of polo’s world powerhouses, England and Argentina, will compete for the Coronation Cup at the Audi International at Guards Polo Club, Windsor Great Park, on Saturday July 26, 2014.
Since 2009, the Audi England team has achieved a run of consecutive victories on International Day, beating the USA this year in one of the most thrilling Internationals in recent times.
However, it was Argentina, consistently ranked as the number one playing country, who defeated England in 2009 with a team that included the two best players in the world, Adolfo Cambiaso and Facundo Pieres.
“The Hurlingham Polo Association believes that the move to a Saturday fixture will be more popular and fitting during a busy summer season ahead,” says David Woodd, chief executive of the HPA, polo’s official governing body.
“The Coronation Cup is one of the world’s most famous, prestigious trophies and we hope that this new date will inspire the public to embrace the day and support the national team.”
Tickets for the Audi International Polo will go on sale in early 2014.
- 1 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 2 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 3 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 4 Star cast unveiled for new ITV crime drama set in North Devon
- 5 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 6 Win an amazing festive break for two in Devon
- 7 Simon Reeve explores the Lake District his new series
- 8 Fireworks displays and bonfire night events in Sussex 2021
- 9 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 10 WIN a stunning Jo Downs art piece worth £520