Enjoy a beautiful display of Rhododendron
- Credit: Archant
RHS National Rhododendron Show is on Saturday 25 April – Sunday 26 April
RHS Garden Rosemoor will be bursting with blooms when it hosts the Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) National Rhododendron Show and Competition on 25 – 26 April. Once again the show will be combined with the RHS South West Camellia and Magnolia Show and, with competitors from as far afield as Oxfordshire and Hampshire, it promises more spring colour than ever before.
Visitors will be able to enjoy the magnificent displays of rhododendrons, camellias and magnolias as well as trade and advice stands. In previous years exhibitors such as Exbury Gardens of Beaulieu, Kevin Hughes Plants of Salisbury, the Cornwall Garden Society and Strete Gate Camellias have brought some spectacular plant exhibits. David Millais, of Millais Nurseries will have a stunning display of rhododendrons and Marwood Hill Gardens will be showcasing their magnolias.
Professional and home gardeners alike will compete for prizes in the RHS Rhododendron Competition at the show. Free to enter, and open to all visitors wishing to take part, there are prizes available for the best blooms.
Show visitors will also be able to buy bulbs and plants in the Rosemoor Shop and Plant Centre, and the RHS will be on hand to provide expert gardening advice.
There will also be plenty of opportunities to enjoy the spring colour in the garden with displays of rhododendrons, azaleas, camellias and magnolias, as well as swaths of daffodils and other spring plants.
To visit the National Rhododendron Show and Competition, normal garden admission to RHS Garden Rosemoor applies – free for RHS members. There is free entry all year round to the Rosemoor Shop and Plant Centre, as well as to the Garden Kitchen Restaurant.
For details of events at RHS Garden Rosemoor, visit: www.rhs.org.uk
- 1 7 autumn walks in Kent to delight the senses
- 2 12 historic village churches in Cheshire
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 6 Meet Maggie, GBBO's 70-year-old contestant from Dorset
- 7 Try this pretty, circular coastal walk at the Chidham Peninsula
- 8 9 of the best places for coffee across Cornwall
- 9 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 10 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire