Enjoy some festive fun on Exeter’s Fore Street
- Credit: Archant
On Saturday December 7th from 10am to 5pm there will be a range of Christmas fun on Exeter’s Fore Street.
The day features carol singers, a string quartet, the seven swans a swimming and a special festive wrapping station and much more.
Children also have the chance to find the Festive Ferret in all participating shops in order to win a prize. Each ferret will have a name and those who find five or more will be able to pop an entry into Bunyip Beads/Otton’s Haberdashery in order to go into a prize draw, into which all the participating shops have donated, with the top ticket winning four seats for Eliza and the Wild Swans at the Bike Shed Theatre.
It is also Small Business Saturday, which is being supported by the FSB, so Fore street will have a visit from the Mayor of Exeter and Ben Bradshaw MP to promote Exeter’s independent shops.
The Bike Shed is offering mince pies and mulled wine all day in its cafe as well as discounted tickets to Eliza and the Wild Swans. Arietty will be offering hot spicy apple juice too.
All participating shops will have an offer, discount or freebie available.
Fore Street Traders spokesperson Mattie Richardson says “This is a coming together of a lot of independent shops. We offer something different from the mass of chain stores in the centre of the city and we hope to attract a lot of people down ‘our end’ on the 7th. It’s a great chance for everyone to have some fun and to get a really original gift or three whilst they’re about. We’re all offering different great deals on the day as well”
- 1 5 of the best cycle cafés in Lancashire
- 2 A haunting Cotswolds memoir of growing up in a ménage à trois in the 1950s
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 How the Goosnargh Gin distillery bounced back from adversity
- 5 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 7 scenic coastal walks to try in Somerset (with cafes on the way)
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 9 The best places to visit on a short break in Glossop
- 10 See inside this £1.5 million modern property in the Oxfordshire Cotswolds
A gift wrapping service, including printing your own wrapping paper will be available in McCoys Arcade for a small donation.
For further Information contact:
Mattie Richardson 01392 437377/07900912282 firstname.lastname@example.org