Escape to the Cotswolds: Northleach this November
- Credit: Archant
‘Escape to the Cotswolds’ have selected a few good reasons to visit Northleach Old Prison this November.
The team at Northleach Old Prison, managed by the conservation charity Friends of the Cotswolds, are hosting a series of events this November:
Geology and Landscape Trail from Northleach to Hampnett Return
Thursday, November 7, 2 – 4pm.
Led by Denise Dane, Escape Centre Manager. An easy walk of approx.3.5 miles starting and finishing at the Old Prison. See how drainage patterns and the shape of the landscape reflect the geology beneath our feet.
History Tour of Northleach Old Prison and Courtroom
Wednesday, November 13, 1:15 – 2:45pm.
- 1 Waterfalls, Weirs and Cascades of the Peak District
- 2 These are the Cornwall beaches awarded Blue Flag status in 2022
- 3 4 fab places to dine in Devon
- 4 10 top Devon foodie experiences
- 5 Queen's Platinum Jubilee: 13 events to celebrate in Cornwall
- 6 22 fab half term and Jubilee activities in Devon
- 7 Archaeologists reveal stunning find at ancient Cornish monument
- 8 13 of the best seaside towns in England
- 9 Win a Stay at The Merchant's Yard, Tideswell in the Peak District
- 10 Win a champagne and jewellery shopping day in Harrogate worth £500
Led by local historian, Michael Banks who will shortly be publishing a book on the history of Northleach Prison.
New Northleach Spinners & Weavers Group – beginners welcome!
Friday, November 15, 10:30am – 1pm.
Led by Amy Ford. No previous knowledge required. Come and meet others with an interest in spinning and weaving. We will help you explore these historic crafts. If you are already a spinner or weaver, please bring along your wheel, drop spindles, or portable looms. All levels of ability are welcome. For more information – contact Amy on 01451 861508. Cost = £5 to include light refreshments.
Managing Grasslands for Wildlife – revisit the brightness & warmth of Summer in the depths of Autumn.
Wednesday, November 27, 1 – 2:30pm.
Illustrated talk by Cotswold Conservation Board Grassland Conservationist, Simon Smith.
For more information, visit: www.escapetothecotswolds.org.uk