Exmoor Food Fest will celebrate local produce
- Credit: sub
The first Exmoor Food Fest will celebrate the fine food and drink the area has to offer in 2015
For a whole month, outstanding restaurants across the region will be giving diners special offers.
They will be offering two courses for £10 and three courses for £15 to give locals and visitors alike the opportunity to sample dishes prepared with excellent local produce.
The event, supported by Devon Life, enables customers to pick up vouchers for the Exmoor Food Fest at participating restaurants or download them online.
As an extra incentive to visit as many of the restaurants as possible, customers will receive a passport which will be stamped every time they order a £10 deal.
Once the passport is full it will be entered into a draw for a meal at one of the Exmoor restaurants.
Kentisbury Grange is one of the Devon-based venues taking part in the Exmoor Food Fest, where renowned Chef Michael Caines MBE has recently become involved.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 5 Yorkshire walking locations with great pubs
- 5 Win a Mini-Moon experience for two at The Feathered Nest in the Cotswolds
- 6 7 great walks near Kirkby Lonsdale
- 7 5 great walks in and around Kendal
- 8 Why James Bond actor Timothy Dalton is proud of his Belper roots
- 9 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 10 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
“We are delighted to join this promotion of local food and Exmoor as a region,” comments Peter Farquhar, General Manager.
“Michael’s involvement is very exciting as it will enable us to move to a whole new level in all aspects of our hospitality offering.’
The Exmoor Food Fest will be launched on 28 January at The Combe, a training restaurant based at the Skills and Enterprise Centre in the grounds of West Somerset College in Minehead. The grand finale of the Exmoor Food Fest is taking place at Minehead Harbour from 27 February to 1 March in conjunction with the Angling Festival.
The Exmoor Food Fest is organised and run by Exmoor4all, an internet platform based on sharing photos and stories of Exmoor with people all over the world, as well as providing a network for local businesses.
Restaurants taking part in the first Exmoor Food Fest will be listed on exmoorfoodfest.com