Expert’s top 5 tips to help you find a pair of varifocal lenses ideal for modern life
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Robert Sands from The Spectacle Factory shares his top tips for finding the right varifocal lenses for you.
1. Find a pair of varifocals designed to suit your lifestyle
Though you may not realise it, not all varifocal lenses are the same.
“I often liken it to how different camera lenses can produce better photographs than others, depending on what result the photographer is aiming for,” Robert said.
“Varifocal lenses are the same. You need to find the right ones to suit your lifestyle. The average person spends a lot of their day staring at screens, in particular their smartphones. It’s important to find a pair of varifocals designed with this in mind.”
Zeiss SmartLife varifocal lenses, available at The Spectacle Factory, adjust to the angle and distance that you hold a smartphone at. This makes it easier to focus on the screen and reduces the strain put on your eyes.
2. Test the accuracy of your varifocals before you buy
“SmartLife lenses can be manufactured to a prescription that’s 25 times more accurate than usual,” Robert said.
- 1 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 2 9 of Yorkshire’s best bakeries
- 3 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 4 Win a diamond ring worth £1,000
- 5 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 6 5 million pound properties for sale in Derbyshire
- 7 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 8 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
- 9 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 10 Win a watercolour painting of Gosfield by artist James Merriott
The Spectacle Factory offers a virtual reality try-on so you can test your new varifocal lenses before you buy them and view the difference for yourself to check it’s worth it.
3. Ensure they don’t restrict your peripheral vision
Many varifocals can restrict your field of view however, SmartLife varifocals are wide view. This prevents you from craning your neck and straining your eyes to see.
4. Check that they protect your eyes against UV rays
“Zeiss is currently the only lens manufacturer that produces lenses with full UV protection and no visible tint,” Robert said.
UV damage can cause several eye conditions, such as cataracts and macular degeneration. It’s important to protect them against UV damage to keep your eyes healthy.
5. Your lenses should be durable and hard-wearing
To avoid impairing your vision it’s important to check your new lenses are scratch-resistant, anti-static and waterproof.
“This will make them easy to clean and protect them against damage that can occur over time,” Robert said.
“When you order SmartLife varifocals from us, you get a Duravision Platinum coating for your lenses as standard. This coating helps protect them for longer and keep your vision clear.”
Booking your vision consultation
“We offer a personal, friendly service and can provide you with the expert advice you need to find the right eyewear solution for you,” Robert said.
“Using the latest technology, we can provide you with an accurate prescription and precise measurements to ensure your vision is healthy and that your glasses and lenses fit you perfectly.”
The Spectacle Factory is located in Preston and provides its services to those living in and around Lancashire. They are offering an appointment-only service and are following all government recommendations to ensure the safety of their clients and staff.
“We were the first optician in the country to be able to offer fully contactless consultations – keeping our customers as safe as possible while ensuring their glasses are perfect,” Robert said.
Visit thespectaclefactory.com to book an appointment.
Call 01772 312213 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to speak to a member of the team.