Family Day In Wonderland - G Live in Guildford
- Credit: Archant
Join G Live for Family Day In Wonderland on Saturday 30 May, as we celebrate 150 years of Lewis Carroll’s classic book Alice’s Adventures In Wonderland.
Banish half-term boredom as the entertainment venue opens its doors to all, with plenty of free and ticketed activities for children and their grown-ups to take part in between 10am and 2pm.
You’ll have the opportunity to make red roses for the Queen of Hearts and add them to her vine, or create miniature top hats in the ‘make and take’. You can also drop-in to a story-telling workshop, have your face painted by volunteers from local charity Challengers or explore the venue and solve puzzles in the Wonderland treasure hunt. You might even win a prize!
Families will be able to experience classical music up close in Simply Strings. This ticketed performance is in a relaxed setting, designed to introduce families to classical music and let them try the instruments afterwards. Why not have a go on the vibrant violin, vivacious viola or the charming cello?
Fans of Disney’s Frozen won’t want to miss Sing-a-Long-a-Frozen, with three special screenings of the hit animated film with easy to follow lyrics on screen to help you sing along during the film. It’s a great opportunity for families to get together and have some fun with these popular songs!
G Live’s Creative Learning Manager Jo Wright said, “We’re pleased to be celebrating the 150th anniversary of Alice in Wonderland at this half term’s family day, with make-and-take activities and dressing-up! As well as our foyer activities, families can enjoy classical music together with our popular Up-Close Concert or belt out their favourite Disney tunes with Sing-a-long-a-Frozen. It’s a great way to engage in the arts and spend quality time together and we expect to see lots of smiling mums, dads, grandparents and children on the day!”
G Live, London Road, Guildford, GU1 2AA | Telephone 01483 739040 | marketing@GLive.co.uk | GLive.co.uk
- 1 Who is the real Hampshire soldier behind BBC Two's new drama Danny Boy?
- 2 13 beautiful riverside pubs to visit in the Cotswolds
- 3 7 magical bluebell walks in Devon
- 4 6 wonderful seafood restaurants to visit in Yorkshire
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 6 Five hot new restaurants opening in Sussex
- 7 Bluebell walks in Dorset: 8 of the best places to go
- 8 A 5.3 mile circular walk around Sandwich
- 9 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 10 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly