Festivals happening in Dorset this month
- Credit: Archant
Festival season is well and truly underway in Dorset. From local bands and arts and crafts, to cider, pirates and much more, we pick some of the best festivals taking place in the county in August
The Showground at West Bay hosts this agricultural show by the sea packed with traditional events and local food and drink.
Stock Gaylard Oak Fair
25 – 26 August
- 1 Star cast unveiled for new ITV crime drama set in North Devon
- 2 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 3 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 4 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 5 Where to pick pumpkins in Dorset for Halloween 2021
- 6 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 7 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Cornwall this Halloween
- 8 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 9 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Somerset this Halloween
- 10 Fireworks displays and bonfire night events in Sussex 2021
Wood-inspired event on an estate near Sturminster Newton featuring woodcraft, timber, the countryside and conservation.
Bournemouth Air Festival
30 August - 2 September
Award-winning free air show including Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, the Red Arrows and pyrotechnic night flying.
Lyme Regis Folk Festival
31 August - 2 September
Featuring more than 30 acts including Ninebarrow, Merry Hell and Show of Hands.
Bridport Hat Festival
Don your best head gear for this topping festival with lots of hat themed events and their famous mass hat photo-op at Bucky Doo Square at 1pm.
Dorset County Show
1 - 2 September
Showcase for the county’s farming heritage, countryside crafts and award-winning food and drink featuring over 450 trade stands and a fantastic array of attractions including camel racing, scurry racing and Grand Parade of winning livestock.
dorsetcountyshow.co.uk or 01305 264249
Swanage Folk Festival
7 - 9 September
Line-up includes Bram Taylor, Geoff Lakeman, Dorset Wrecks and Mother Ukers.
Isle of Purbeck Walking Festival
14 - 16 September
Guided themed walks including fossils, art, trains, abandoned villages, dinosaur footprints and The Purbeck 16 Challenge.
Motors by the Sea Festival
14 - 16 September
Black Lamborghini Murcielago, yellow Aston Martin V12 Vantage convertible that Michael Caine drove in the film Sleuth are just some of the amazing cars lining up for this new Boscombe-based festival, where motoring and engineering combine alongside exciting automotive displays.