Final countdown to fifth Guildford Fringe Festival
- Credit: Archant
Guildford Fringe Festival has brought the creative, inventive and occasionally outrageous to town since it started in 2013.
Looking to celebrate its fifth year in style, founder Nick Wyschna and the arts festival team have set out to curate the most extravagant line-up to date.
From street performances in the town centre to theatre, comedy, poetry, dance, music, films and more in the town’s venues, July will see events taking place throughout Guildford.
“It can’t really be the fifth year already can it?!” laughs Nick. “I’ve had so much fun over the years working with the Guildford community and arts scene that it feels like only yesterday we started. If pushed to choose one highlight, I’d say don’t miss our opening show at G Live.”
It’s certainly an all-star lineup of comedians on Saturday July 1, with Mark Dolan (Channel 4), Paul Sinha (The Chase), Zoe Lyons (Live at the Apollo) and Joe Lycett (8 out of 10 Cats) taking to the stage.
“There are so many events that I am looking forward to, it’s impossible to mention them all,” continues Nick. “I am incredibly excited about watching Benjamin Earl (on Wednesday July 26) though at Tudor Antiques, which is a new venue for us. He’s one of the best magicians and sleight of hand artists in the world.”
As well as putting on a blockbuster programme, Guildford Fringe will be collecting throughout July for The Jack Wyschna Bursary, which helps people who are studying the arts but struggling with fees.
• Guildford Fringe Festival is running at various venues throughout the town from Saturday July 1 to Sunday July 30, 2017. Visit www.guildfordfringefestival.com for more information.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 3 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 4 10 of the prettiest Villages in Dorset to visit
- 5 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 6 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 7 16 films that you might not know were made in Devon
- 8 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 9 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 10 8 of the best places for a bluebell walk in Surrey