Five things to do in Chester this Christmas
- Credit: Archant
Chester is a busy city all year round, with packed programmes of cultural, historic, theatrical and artistic events held in venues across the city. These are just five on the diary for December. For more events and places to stay, log on to visitchester.com
Until January 5
All manner of festive treats, including a traditional Christmas market, Santa’s grotto, reindeer, and ice rink, fairground rides and a 3d movie room showing seasonal favourites. There’s also a bar in case it all gets too much.
December 5-January 11
The Snow Queen
- 1 Star cast unveiled for new ITV crime drama set in North Devon
- 2 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 3 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 4 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 5 Where to pick pumpkins in Dorset for Halloween 2021
- 6 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 7 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Cornwall this Halloween
- 8 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 9 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Somerset this Halloween
- 10 Fireworks displays and bonfire night events in Sussex 2021
Theatre in the Quarter’s adaptation of Hans Christian Andersen’s classic story of good, bad and a perilous journey to the snow queen’s palace. St Mary’s Centre. Tickets 01244 500959.
Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
Christmas wouldn’t be complete without the traditional fun and laughs of a panto.
The Forum Studio Theatre. Tickets 01244 341296.
Lighting up Chester Zoo for the second year running with magical animal lanterns and spectacular festive twinkles. Tickets 01244 650240.
Until January 3
Take a selfie giving someone you love a Christmas Kiss under the Mistletoe at the various Mistletoe stations throughout the city.
Upload your photo using #ChesterKissmas to Instagram, Facebook or Twitter for a chance to win great prizes.
Chester (various locations) http://www.christmasinchester.com/