Five things to do in Chester this Christmas
- Credit: Archant
Chester is a busy city all year round, with packed programmes of cultural, historic, theatrical and artistic events held in venues across the city. These are just five on the diary for December. For more events and places to stay, log on to visitchester.com
Until January 5
All manner of festive treats, including a traditional Christmas market, Santa’s grotto, reindeer, and ice rink, fairground rides and a 3d movie room showing seasonal favourites. There’s also a bar in case it all gets too much.
December 5-January 11
The Snow Queen
- 1 These are the Cornwall beaches awarded Blue Flag status in 2022
- 2 Ball and Boe announce a new album for 2022
- 3 Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday Celebrations in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 Derbyshire events celebrating the Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 5 Waterfalls, Weirs and Cascades of the Peak District
- 6 Herts best food and drink recommendations May 2022
- 7 10 Yorkshire events celebrating the Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 A sculpture exhibition 200ft beneath the Forest of Dean
- 9 10 Cheshire events celebrating the Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Queen's Platinum Jubilee: 13 events to celebrate in Cornwall
Theatre in the Quarter’s adaptation of Hans Christian Andersen’s classic story of good, bad and a perilous journey to the snow queen’s palace. St Mary’s Centre. Tickets 01244 500959.
Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
Christmas wouldn’t be complete without the traditional fun and laughs of a panto.
The Forum Studio Theatre. Tickets 01244 341296.
Lighting up Chester Zoo for the second year running with magical animal lanterns and spectacular festive twinkles. Tickets 01244 650240.
Until January 3
Take a selfie giving someone you love a Christmas Kiss under the Mistletoe at the various Mistletoe stations throughout the city.
Upload your photo using #ChesterKissmas to Instagram, Facebook or Twitter for a chance to win great prizes.
Chester (various locations) http://www.christmasinchester.com/