Five things to do in Chester this Christmas
- Credit: Archant
Chester is a busy city all year round, with packed programmes of cultural, historic, theatrical and artistic events held in venues across the city. These are just five on the diary for December. For more events and places to stay, log on to visitchester.com
Until January 5
All manner of festive treats, including a traditional Christmas market, Santa’s grotto, reindeer, and ice rink, fairground rides and a 3d movie room showing seasonal favourites. There’s also a bar in case it all gets too much.
December 5-January 11
The Snow Queen
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Gardoolet: WIN this summer's best garden game
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 5 Find your inner wild in the woods
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 7 A guide to moving to Somerset
- 8 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 9 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 10 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
Theatre in the Quarter’s adaptation of Hans Christian Andersen’s classic story of good, bad and a perilous journey to the snow queen’s palace. St Mary’s Centre. Tickets 01244 500959.
Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
Christmas wouldn’t be complete without the traditional fun and laughs of a panto.
The Forum Studio Theatre. Tickets 01244 341296.
Lighting up Chester Zoo for the second year running with magical animal lanterns and spectacular festive twinkles. Tickets 01244 650240.
Until January 3
Take a selfie giving someone you love a Christmas Kiss under the Mistletoe at the various Mistletoe stations throughout the city.
Upload your photo using #ChesterKissmas to Instagram, Facebook or Twitter for a chance to win great prizes.
Chester (various locations) http://www.christmasinchester.com/