Floral Fringe Fair 2015 in Shipley
The Floral Fringe Fair 2015 is taking place on the weekend of May 30 and 31 at Knepp Castle, Shipley, Nr Horsham, West Sussex RH13 8LJ from 10.30 am to 5pm - both days
Please note, this is NOT the bank holiday weekend! The fair is quirky and eclectic as it has a wildlife theme but also a vintage twist. The fair specializes in quality stalls from Sussex, Surrey, Kent and Hampshire and stallholders who have actually made what they sell.
Entry is £6.50 per person (or £5.50 each for the first two occupants of a pre-1975 vehicle). Classic and vintage vehicles will have a specially allocated parking area. If in such a vehicle, dressing in appropriate fashion is especially welcome. Even better, bring your picnic gear and buy all the ingredients at the fair for a picnic by the beautiful lake or eat in the pop-up tearoom brought to Knepp by The Artisan Bakehouse from near Steyning.
Children under 14 free. Well-behaved dogs on leads positively welcomed.
Knepp Castle is the subject of an unusual and nationally important re-wilding project and there will be the chance to learn more about this at the fair. Wildlife safaris have recently been launched on the estate and there may be a chance to sample a mini safari at the fair . Find out more and also directions to the fair at www.knepp.co.uk
There will be over 130 stalls including: specialist nurseries, experts on honeybees, bumblebees, birds and bats, food producers as well as contemporary crafts and woodland products.
• Firle Place - Lord and Lady Gage share their plans for the estate - Firle Place near Lewes is both steeped in history and looking boldly into the future. Alice Cooke met Lord and Lady Gage, who told her all about their exciting plans for the estate
• Things to do in Sussex this weekend - Great things to do in Sussex this weekend: art exhibitions, walks, concerts, theatre, places to visit and other events and ideas.
- 1 Win a fabulous free-range Morton's Norfolk turkey for Christmas!
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 8 charming market towns you need to visit in Somerset
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 The best walks in Dorset to see the autumn leaves
- 6 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 9 You can stay at this adorable Winnie the Pooh 'Bearbnb' in Sussex
- 10 11 of the prettiest villages in North Devon