Formula One legend and Downton Abbey star enjoy pop-up restaurant at Fetcham Park
- Credit: Archant
Formula One legend Damon Hill and Downton Abbey’s MyAnna Buring were guests of honour at Fetcham Park as almost one hundred special guests gathered to support local children’s charity Challengers.
The luxurious salon at Fetcham Park played host to society chef and caterer Sally Iddles’ pop-up restaurant and Champagne and canapés welcomed guests in the stunning Great Hall.
Buring, who plays scheming maid Edna Braithwaite in Downton Abbey, has been involved with the charity for some time, visiting their pre-school and also the site of their new building project recently to lend her support to their vital work.
“I was introduced to the work of Challengers through a friend who had been involved with the charity for years,” says Buring.
“I then met Laura Sercombe and her team and saw the wonderful work they and the volunteers at the centres do. It was impossible to not want to be involved in supporting this. It really changes the lives of the children and families.”
The evening raised over £16,500 towards the charity’s Big Build Appeal - a vital project for a purpose-built play centre in Guildford, which will support up to thirty disabled children a day.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 4 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 5 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 6 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 7 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 8 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 9 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 10 Al fresco dining in Cornwall: 9 of the best places to go